In Honour of the late Steve Young
Don’t you just love the new crop of broadcasters: young and fresh with something to say, and the talent to say it. Over the past 12 years when we first awarded the Steve Young Broadcaster of the Year award, we’ve seen the young talent explode in our country. Radio is all about compelling personalities who will continue to be the critical point of difference as the radio industry marches forward.
Please take the opportunity to shine a spotlight on one of your rising stars, as CMW and “Friends of Steve Young” once again salute Steve with the CMW “Steve Young Broadcaster of the Year Award”.
This will be the 13th annual award to recognize Canada’s outstanding young broadcasters, many of whom have gone on to big successes since receiving the award.
Due to circumstances including not having awards show this year, the winning recipient will receive nationwide accolades virtually, on social media and in CMW press releases. This prestigious award will be shipped to them.
Anyone working in the industry can nominate any worthy broadcaster so long as they meet the following criteria:
- Normally this goes to candidates under the age of 30 but for this year, to make up for a lost year due to Covid, we will honour those who are under 31 years of age as of Dec 31st, 2021.
- Must work in the programming department: On-Air, Programming, Promotion,
Production or Creative
- Must be nominated by another individual working in the radio industry
- Must be Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant
- Must have made a significant, documented contribution to the community they serve, the radio industry or their craft.
Deadlines for entries is Friday May 13th at midnight EST time. Entries arriving after the deadline will not be eligible.
Winners will be notified no later than Friday May 22, 2022.
Please note that past nominees, including last year’s runners-up, can be renominated if they still meet the criteria.
Don’t forget to attach materials in support of your submission (mp3 airchecks, press coverage, documentation of community involvement, awards, ratings, proof of age etc.)
To learn more about Steve Young please visit his tribute page on Facebook: http:/tinyurl.com/steveyoungtribute
* Nomination must be submitted by someone else working in the radio industry