15th Annual Allan Waters RDNA Young Broadcaster of the Year Award in memory of Steve Young
Radio Days North America invites the broadcasting industry to nominate Canada’s outstanding young broadcasters for the Allan Waters Young Broadcaster of the Year Award, in memory of Steve Young. Nominations are open now. This will be the 15th Annual Award to recognize Canada’s remarkable young broadcasters, many of whom have gone on to big successes since receiving the award and are now part of the judging committee for this prestigious award.
The broadcasting industry is invited to take this opportunity to shine a spotlight on the rising stars, as Radio Days North America salutes Steve with the Allen Waters Young Broadcaster of the Year Award.
Anyone working in the industry can nominate any worthy broadcaster so long as they meet the following criteria:
- Candidates must be under 30 years of age as of Dec 31st, 2023
- Must work in the programming department: On-Air, Programming, Promotion, Production or Creative
- Must be nominated by another individual working in the radio industry
- Must be Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant
- Must have made a significant, documented contribution to the community they serve, the radio industry or their craft
Deadlines for entries is Monday April 22nd at midnight EST. Winners will be notified no later than Friday May 10, 2024.
Please note that past nominees, including last year’s runners-up, can be renominated if they still meet the criteria.
Don’t forget to attach materials in support of your submission (mp3 airchecks, digital, digital media, documentation of community involvement, awards, ratings, proof of age etc.)
For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about Steve Young please visit his tribute page on Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/steveyoungtribute
*Nomination must be submitted by someone else working in the radio industry.