In Honour of the late Steve Young
Don’t you just love the new crop of broadcasters: young and fresh with something to say, and the tools to say it. Twelve years ago, we first awarded the Steve Young Broadcaster of the Year award to salute Canada’s top broadcasters under the age of 30. Happy to say we continue to see an explosion of young talent in our country. Radio is all about compelling personalities and they are who will continue to be the critical point of difference as the radio industry marches forward.
Please take the opportunity to shine a spotlight on one of your rising stars, as CMW and “Friends of Steve Young” once again salute Steve with the “Allan Waters Young Broadcaster of the Year Award in Honour of Steve Young”.
This is the 12th annual award to recognize Canada’s outstanding young broadcasters, many of whom have gone on to big successes since receiving the award. The winning recipient’s travel, accommodation and CMW registration will be covered so they can receive this award in person.
Anyone also working in the industry can nominate any worthy broadcaster so long as they meet these criteria:
- Candidate must be under the age of 30 as of April 20th, 2020.
- Must work in the programming department: On-Air, Programming, Promotion, Production or Creative
- Must be nominated by another individual working in the radio industry
- Must be Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant
- Must have made a significant, documented contribution to the community they serve, the radio industry or their craft
Deadlines for entries is Monday March 16th, 2020 at midnight EST time. Entries arriving after the deadline will not be eligible. Winners will be notified by Friday April 17th, 2020.
Please note that past nominees, including last year’s runners-up, can again be nominated.
Don’t forget to attach materials in support of your submission (mp3 airchecks, press coverage, documentation of community involvement, awards, ratings, proof of age etc.)
To learn more about Steve Young please visit his tribute page on Facebook: http:/tinyurl.com/steveyoungtribute
* Nomination must be submitted by someone else working in the radio industry