TORONTO – December 5, 2011 – Arianna Huffington, President and Editor-in-Chief of the AOL Huffington Post Media Group, a nationally syndicated columnist and author of thirteen books, will deliver the closing keynote at the inaugural Digital Media Summit being held March 21-22, 2012, at the Fairmont Royal York Hotel in Toronto.
Named to the TIME 100 – the magazine’s list of the world’s 100 most influential people – as well as Fast Company’s list of the 100 Most Creative People in Business, Financial Times’ 50 People Who Shaped the Decade, and Newsweek’s Top Ten Thought-Leaders of the Decade, Huffington’s career took flight in May 2005 when she launched The Huffington Post, a news and blog site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet. Almost six years to the day, after a merger with AOL in February and a reported 1.5 million Canadian visitors to the site in March, she unveiled the first international edition in Toronto – HuffPost Canada.
On Thursday, March 22, 2012, the influential leader in new media will present “The Brave New World of ‘New Media’: How Social Media Has Revolutionized the Communications Landscape” as part of the Digital Media Summit. Huffington will address the latest online and social media trends, legacy media vs. digital media, the advent of the citizen journalist, and the rise of self-expression as the new entertainment.
The Digital Media Summit will feature two days of motivating keynotes from industry leaders, stimulating discussions on branding, social media, interactive marketing and multi-platform content integration as well as interviews and presentations by cutting-edge innovators and prominent media authorities. Joining Ms. Huffington will be:
- Justin Baird – Innovationist, Google
- Dallas Lawrence – Chief Global Digital Strategist, Burson Marsteller
- Michael Tchong – Founder, Ubercool
- Jeff Mancini – Senior Director, Digital Strategy, Interbrand
- Rob Harles – Global Head, Social Media, Bloomberg (NY)
- Katrina Klier – Sr. Director, Worldwide Digital Engagement, Microsoft Corporation
- Beth LaPierre – Chief Listening Officer, Kodak Company
- Hardie Tankersley – VP, Social Media and Innovation, Fox Broadcasting Company
- Shawn DuBravac – Chief Economist & Director of Research, CEA (Consumer Electronics Association)
- Jeff Roberto – Director, Consumer Marketing, Shazam
- Jason Tafler – Chief Digital Officer, Rogers Media Inc.
- Elizabeth Pizzinato – VP, Brand Communications, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
For complete program details and to register, visit www.digitalmediasummit.ca.
For media information and to arrange interviews, please contact:
Planet3 Communications Ltd. • Laura McLean/Joanne Smale
T: 647.346.4101, E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bessie Bullard – Communications Director
T: 905.858.4747 E: email@example.com