CANADIAN MUSIC WEEK’S “CMW STARTUP LAUNCH PAD” – A COMPETITION FOR NEW BUSINESSES IS NOW OPEN
Canadian Music Week’s “CMW Startup Launch Pad”, a pitch competition for new businesses that are based in or connected to the Music Industry. The competition will take place during this year’s conference on Wednesday, April 19th at the Sheraton Centre Hotel. “The conference is dedicated to further developing the Canadian music industry, and startups play an important role in that” states Danya Dixon, VP of Programming. The competition will offer startups an opportunity for exposure and investment, as well as advice from top industry professionals.
The event will be hosted by Darryl Ballantyne, CEO of LyricFind. Last year’s judges included merchant banker and Dragons’ Den panelist Michael Wekerle, Managing Director of Walden Venture Capital Larry Marcus, IAEL President Jeff Liebenson, Director of Mediaclarity Ltd Jeremy Silver, and Managing Partner at TAG Strategic Ted Cohen.
All startups selected to participate will receive CMW Conference passes and will be included in pre-show marketing materials.
For media inquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last year’s prize package included:
- $10,000 cash from LyricFind and SOCAN
- Legal services from Liebenson Law
- Consulting services from TAG Strategic
- Personal, one-on-one meetings with each judge
- A 15 minute presentation to the industry during the Global Creators Summit
- Personalized post-conference email blast from CMW announcing the winner and company overview
This year’s prize package will be better.
Fill out the form on this page or email your submission to email@example.com
To participate, startups must be based in Canada or be connected to Canada in some way. Applications will be accepted electronically; the deadline for applications is March 6, 2017. Startups must be in their beginning stage. All applications will be reviewed by the Startup Selection Committee.
Submissions must include:
- Company name
- Web Site
- Social Media (FB, Twitter, etc.)
- Short company description
- Product description
- Company stage (Idea/Development/Beta/Launched)
- Funding to date
- Launch date (past or future)
- Who are your competitors, and why are you better?
- What is your monetization strategy/business model?
- Market size & justification
- Current Annual Revenue
- Canadian connection (founders? based here?)